Acceptance season has come and gone, and, like Hurricane Katrina, now we are left to clean up the stinking aftermath.
Did you Get In to the school of your choice?
We did, which is probably why I am so sick of hearing about it. That said, I have been talking about the "will BetaKid Get In" topic for 5 years now. People are probably sick of me too. Luckily I got in, so I am no longer talking about and exude a smug glow of accpetance.
Those who Didn't Get In have spent the last few days talking and talking and talking. You can hear their murmur over the din of the city noise. "Why didn't my AlphaKid get in?" "Who dinged me?" Why did (insert name of another kid in your class) get in?
Stop talking all of you. I am tired of your complaining. Everyone is tired of your complaining. Everyone is tired of talking to you. When you ask for counsel nobody will tell you the truth because it is too painful. Luckily BetaMom is a straight shooter. Seriously, I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't really care:
1. Your kid is out of control. He treats the teachers the same way he treats you - like the hired help.
2. You kid is acting out sexually. She has simulated lesbian sex at a sleepover. He simulated "humping on a classmate AT SCHOOL. She has a MySpace site that uses the word "sexi" and claims to have gone all the way.
3. You are out of control. You treat the headmaster, teachers and your wife like the hired help.
4. You are acting out sexually. You met someone online (of the same gender or otherwise) and took a road trip to meet them in another state. You got drunk and slept wtih other moms on the class trip. You spread your divorce crap all over the school.
5. Your child got abysmal scores. What did you expect?
6. Your kid is not so bad, but you went to the interview and made an ass of yourself. See 3 - 5.
Stop complaining. Get off the phone and pay some attention to your kid. Teach them some manners and learn some yourself. Have a nice day.
Did I mention I Got In?